Posted on 2019.08.16
11) If James Reiner officially resigns, Zaha Sidhu, the vice president of Operation, is expected to name Steve Goldin as the head of the division to ______ James Reiner.
12) "He's FIT!" ______ closes for maintenance, but members are informed a few days ahead of time in such instances.
13) The discounted _______ for the annual Easter kids event in Point Grey are valid only for admission on weekdays from April 15-20.
14) __________ emergencies, an operator must promptly take the standardized procedure and safely stop the attraction.
a) In case
d) In case of
15) The rice cake, or mochi, can be served in __________ ways, and is considered the most auspicious dish to eat on New Year's Day.
16) The Manek Society is hoping to get a clearer __________ of how microplastics affect marine ecosystems.
17) Vancouver has attracted a number of __________-thinking IT companies over the past decade.
18) Although Ms. Couture is new to the job, she found _______ doing all the tasks without supervision.
19) _____ it rained heavily most of the morning, the participants of a tour of Vancouver were upbeat.
a) Even though
b) As if
c) In spite of
20) BC Electricity recommends several energy-efficient solutions for __________ cool during the heat waved expected within a few days.